Every August I travel somewhere with MILo and the kids to escape the heat and stench of NYC in the summer. I’m very grateful to be able to do this, and I try to make the most of the time I have with the kids and various family and friends who visit. This year we’ll be in Montauk, a slow, quiet, and gorgeous little place on the eastern-most end of Long Island.
I’ll be keeping up the blog while I’m gone. There is just too much good blog fodder out there to ignore. I frequently have to go into the Hamptons for groceries and other errands. Last year I was standing in the Starbucks in East Hampton behind three men in blue blazers wearing ascots and talking about their horses. Things like this must be shared.
So I’ll miss some things on the Upper West Side while I’m gone, like the opening of the new Urban Outfitters. Eh. I’ll deal with it when I get back. I need to recharge and come back ready for fall, arguably the most exciting and gorgeous season in NYC. And it will be boot season! Glorious, amazing boots.
I have several things to work on while I’m away. These include:
1) Not getting sunburned
2) Running approximately 10 zillion miles to continue my marathon training.
3) Eating as many fresh tomatoes as possible.
4) Reading every single August and September fashion magazine that I can get my hands on.
5) Figuring out what to do with my life and career(s) come September.
6) Playing games and generally frolicking with my boys. EVERY DAY.
So with these lofty goals in mind, I bid you farewell. See you at the beach!